The Caris Healthcare Leadership team concluded our annual Employee Leadership Development Institute meetings by joining the Central and West Regions in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. The Central and West Leadership Development Institute followed the same agenda as the other regions, but one of the highlights of the evening was “Amazing Grace” played on bagpipes as leadership team members held up large Caris leaves with the first names of patients who gave us the privilege of providing them with care at the end of life. This truly moving presentation helped us reflect on our mission of hospice care with grace.
World Class Award winners for Central and West Regions were also recognized for the outstanding care of patients and the overall performance of offices. Please join me in thanking and congratulating the following Central and West Region employees for living our vision, mission and values in order to provide excellent end-of-life care:
- Hospice Aide of the Year – Juwana Sullivan from the Cookeville office
- Nurse of the Year – Chris Wolk from the Dickson office
- Patient Care Manager of the Year – Angela Malach from the Nashville office
- Administrative Employee of the Year – Brenda Faulkner from the Columbia office
- Chaplain of the Year – John Smith from the Dickson/Nashville office
- Social Worker of the Year – Donna Marks from the Columbia office
- Volunteer Coordinator of the Year – Jackie Woodall from the Springfield office
- Volunteer of the Year – Ruth Klaver from the Crossville office
- Caris Representative of the Year – Michelle Baker from the Columbia office
- Administrator of the Year – Alicia Anglin from the Columbia office
- Hospice Aide of the Year – Mona King from the Milan office
- Nurse of the Year – Themisha Williams from the Somerville office
- Patient Care Manager of the Year – Jan Radcliffe from the St. Louis office
- Administrative Employee of the Year – Marilyn Jones from the Somerville office
- Chaplain of the Year – Kyle Schmidt from the St. Louis office
- Social Worker of the Year – Becky Lewis from the Milan office
- Volunteer Coordinator of the Year – Cathy Filcek from the Somerville office
- Volunteer of the Year – Helen Bias from the Somerville office
- Administrator of the Year – Lakeisha Hall from the Somerville office
We continued to celebrate the teamwork shown through the Caris Excellence Certification program. This year, the Central Region attained an Excellence Level 3 or 4 in each of the seven offices, making a total of 10 offices rated for both regions. The Columbia, Tennessee office received the Central Region Office of the Year Award.
The Milan, Tennessee office received the West Region Office of the Year Award.