Caris Compliance Officer invited to NHPCO Regulatory Committee
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) Regulatory Committee has invited Caris Healthcare Corporate Compliance Officer The NHPCO Regulatory Committee monitors and interprets federal regulation activity in regards to hospice and palliative care. According to NHPCO, the committee’s activities include:
- Evaluating and reporting on CMS interpretations of federal regulations.
- Reviewing and investigating Medicare Administrative Contractors issues for hospice and palliative care.
- Preparing comment letters to federal agencies stating NHPCO’s position on proposed regulations.
- Identifying educational needs related to federal regulations, compliance and billing issues.
- Preparing resources to assist hospice providers in compliance with existing and new regulatory requirements.
“It is a privilege to be invited to serve on the NHPCO Regulatory Committee,” said Singleton. “In the ever-changing world of hospice, Caris places a high importance on keeping up with new regulations. The NHPCO Regulatory Committee works to provide education to the hospice community about regulation changes in order to maintain compliance.”
A highly regarded expert on medical record review and compliance under the Medicare Hospice Benefit, Sylvia leads Caris Healthcare’s comprehensive programs that ensure full and complete compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, standards and guidelines. In joining Caris in November 2012, Sylvia brought 10 years of hands-on nursing experience and more than a dozen years of working with medical records to identify questionable business patterns for review to her role as Corporate Compliance Officer for Caris Healthcare.