At Caris, we understand that a terminal diagnosis for yourself or a loved is a very serious matter that often comes with an overwhelming sense of emotion and helplessness. As the questions start to mount, you need someone you can rely on to help determine the best plan of care and ensure that you and your family are treated with the utmost compassion, quality and respect. Our highly-trained team of professionals will help you navigate the challenges you face at this critical time, with personalized care tailored to your family’s needs. It is our mission to help our patients’ spend their final days in comfort, with dignity and grace.
Caris is committed to providing world-class care and it is our dedication to excellence that sets us apart. We continually search for ways to make our patients’ lives as normal as possible during this difficult period and provide the highest levels of medical, emotional and spiritual care. Our caregiver teams are continually trained and educated to provide our patients with access to care 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days per year. Caris’ services are provided under the direction of a physician, and include visits from a full team of healthcare professionals.
Caris also provides medications, equipment and supplies that relate to life-limiting conditions such as heart disease, dementia, lung disease, liver disease, cancer, and kidney disease. These services may be provided in the patient’s home or in one of our hundreds of contracted nursing centers.
The Better Way
The Better Way program provides Caris employees with a format for achieving excellence through customer service. The program incorporates customer care initiatives into the daily activities of all employees, from clinical staff, to administrators. It is Caris’ belief that there is always room for improvement when it comes to customer care and our employees strive to improve our service each day. Caris employees renew their commitment to the Better Way promises daily, so each day is better than the one before.
The 20 Better Way promises below serve as our commitment to do what is right.
- 1: Greet you with a smile and make eye contact
- 2: Always use your name and explain the purpose of my visit
- 3: Address your needs with a sense of urgency
- 4: Care for you the way you want
- 5: Respect your privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- 6: Answer the phone within three rings and with a smile
- 7: Honor your Three Most Important Things
- 8: Be considerate of your personal property
- 9: Listen and respond to your concerns
- 10: Make no excuses; offer apologies only
- 11: Anticipate your needs
- 12: Pay attention to detail
- 13: Only make promises that I can keep
- 14: Be neatly dressed and well-groomed
- 15: Respect your time and schedule
- 16: Be compassionate in everything I do
- 17: Recognize that your perception is reality
- 18: Maintain a positive attitude
- 19: Keep you informed
- 20: Act with integrity